Saturday, May 8, 2010

30 Days Sober

Thats right people you heard it.  I'm an addict.  A Coca-Cola Addict.  I drink ENTIRELY way to much, sometimes multiple times a day and not just a glass here or a sip there, I'm talking about a Super Sized cup refilled at least one more time in one meal!.  Yes, it was that bad.  Just so we know what we are working with here, a large 32 ounce Coke from McDonalds (who FYI has the best Coke EVER!) comes in at nearly 400 calories!  That is equivalent to a healthy sized lunch.  So no matter how healthy I eat, throw in one Coke a day and that can pretty much double a meal calorie wise .  Not to mention what it does to your insides and your teeth.  So a week before my triathlon last month I decided that I wasn't going to drink any Coke to prepare for my Tri.  Then I didn't have any the next week, or the next.  And today I hit 30 days.  It has been 30 days since I have had even a sip of Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or any other carbonated variation.  Just water and Minute-Maid light Lemonade for me.  Sometimes I miss it, but most of the time I'm just happy that I am one step closer to being healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment