Thursday, May 20, 2010

My medal

Running my first triathlon in April completely changed my life.  I found something I was really passionate about and something I actually enjoyed doing as much as possible.  Just completing the triathlon was amazing but I was really looking forward to having a medal to commemorate my first tri.  Except, when I finished and went to get my medal I was told they ran out.  SUPER BUMMER! I was still on an endorphine high from completing my tri but was pretty bummed I didn't get a medal.  Apparently, a ton of people had signed up the day of the event and they didn't have enough.  My awesome cousin Dom even offered to give me his but I couldn't accept it, it was his first too! I figured I'd just have great memories of completing it.  

Until I told one of my customers who works for the Temecula Rotary which put on the Triathlon that I didn't get a medal.  Next thing I know, she was on the phone with Terry, the man who helped put the whole thing together.  Not one week later, she tells me that Terry was going to come and drop off my medal to me personally.  I was beyond shocked!  He felt so bad that it was my first tri and that I didn't have something to take home with me.  He actually came to my work, put my medal on me and congratulated me on finishing himself!  He was so awesome and gracious! And now I have my first (of hopefully many) medals!



1 comment: