Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sometimes its not about how far you run

The last few days I have been in a running funk. I can't seem to get myself going and I think I may have increased my milage a little too much in one week because I was sore after my nearly 6 mile run on saturday. Today Amanda and I tried to run our usual 3+ mile course but after a mile or so we just weren't feelin' it. A combination of poor meal choices on both our parts and just plain old tiredness contributed to us walking most of our "run". But you know what? It was really great. It was a beautiful evening, the brisk walking was a great way to losen up our legs and we got to catch up on a little conversation, which we never get enough of. So even though I didn't get nearly as many miles in as I wanted to, I realized its not always about how far we run, but about the fun we have doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment