Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon 2010

This past Sunday I did something I never thought I would do... I ran 13.1 miles.  In one day.  All at one time.  Yes, that's right I ran a half marathon!  Amanda and I had signed up for this marathon months ago and to be honest, when race day came along, I wasn't feeling 100% ready.  The furthest I had run in my training was 9 miles and I think I would have felt so much better if I had just gotten to 10 or 11.  But ready or not, here it came and I woke up on Sunday (at 2:45 am!) to drive to Anaheim and be ready to race at 6am.  On only 3 hours of sleep I was definitely nervous.  But my adrenaline was pumping and I was ready to go.  For me, this race was all about me.  I wasn't trying to compete with anyone, I only had 2 goals: Finish the race, and to run the whole thing... no walking.  And I succeeded!  I ran for 2 hours and 35 minutes straight, through Disneyland and Angels stadium and when I crossed the finish line I has almost emotional with pride.  I couldn't believe that I had actually done it.  The girl who used to weigh nearly 200 lbs was now running 13 miles and feeling pretty darn good too.  Amanda and I both finished the run and we both ran the entire time.  I was so incredibly proud of us and even thought I said this would probably be my first and only half marathon, I think I may have to just try it again!  Amanda and I have decided to make this one a yearly tradition!

Amanda and Daylin on the day we picked up our BIB #'s

Our ginormous medals!

There were a ton of photographers taking pictures all along the course so I really cannot wait to see what I look like after running for over 2 hours =/ but as soon as those are posted, I'll make sure to post them here =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You ARE an amazing woman and SHOULD be extremely proud of yourself!! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete