Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

I can't believe I forgot to blog about this!  Two weeks ago, my mom, dad and I headed out to our first bridal store!  To say I was excited would be a complete understatement!  I was soo ready to try on dresses and get one step closer to finding "the dress".  My consultant Maurice was amazing and so very brutally honest, which is exactly what I needed.  The first thing he asked me was what I was looking for and to be honest I didn't really know what I was looking for, but I definitely knew what I was NOT looking for.  No ballgown, no strapless, and no corset back.  Other than that I was pretty much game for anything. The only thing I was sure of was that I wanted it to be fitted (umm I've worked hard for my body and I wanna show it off!). 

So he brought me several dresses to try on.  Let me tell you, this was amazing fun!  I LOVED trying on all the different dresses and imagining myself walking down the aisle to marry my best friend.  Now, I am not an emotional person usually so I kinda figured that I wouldn't be brought to tears when I finally found the right dress so I was interested to see how I would react.  In total, I think I tried on almost 20 gowns but in the end I kept going back to #5.  When I put it on, I didn't wanna take it off.  I wanted to dance, I wanted to walk around in it and I wanted to take it home right then and there.  That's how I knew.  And when I looked at my dad, he was doing that thing that men do, you know clearing the throat, walking around nervously and not really saying much.  I guess that that could only mean he was getting choked up... awwww =)

So that was it... One store, 20 gowns and I found the dress.  I was sure this was gonna be a very looooong drawn out event but I guess when you find the right one, you just know.  So for all you out there dying to know which gown I chose, I'm going to do something very taboo...  I am going to post a picture of my dress here =) Enjoy!






Isn't it PERFECT!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Sara on finding the right one! Congrats on fnding the right man and the right dress for your very special day when Luis and you exchange marriage vows. I am so happy for you both and am delighted to see that you are a wave maker and original! That's a Mestas for ya! And that's a beautiful wedding dress! XOXOXx =)
    Love,
    Yasmin Mestas Barrera

    ReplyDelete