Thursday, October 22, 2009

The 'Maids

Getting married is something every girl dreams about and every girl has their own idea of their perfect wedding day.  Some girls dream of a backyard wedding with a few close people, some a huge wedding with 400 of their nearest and dearest and some people would rather head to the courthouse and share their special day with that one special person.  My idea of a perfect wedding has nothing to do with location, number of guests or the flavor of the cake.  For me, a wedding is about celebration with friends and family.  I am lucky to have friends I consider family and family I can call friends so deciding who would be standing next to me when I marry my best friend was a pretty easy task.

My Bridesmaids
Jennifer Magana



Jenn is my cousin who I consider a younger sister.  There is only one word I can use to describe her.... HILARIOUS!  She never takes herself seriously and is always up for a good time.  She makes me laugh non-stop when we hang out and you never know what your gonna get with Jenn.  She is beautiful, stylish and intelligent.  She is always up for experimenting with her look and looking oh so fabulous.  She is definitly my go to girl when I need a night out on the town!

Amanda Heredia


I have known Amanda for over 10 years.  We went to high school together and were acquaintances, often having classes together and even going to the same church, but when we discovered that we both were going to Cal Poly Pomona we started carpooling and the rest is history!  We helped each other through crappy relationships and some incredibly hard times but through it all we had an amazing ride and got closer than ever.  She is someone that is very close to my heart, and even though we don't see each other as much as we would like, everytime we get together it's like we never skipped a beat!  Not only is Amanda incredibly gorgeous and absolutely brilliant, she is a great example of what a wife and mother should be.  I am so lucky to have her in my life!

Cassie Berni


Cassie is someone that I met about 6 years ago and really just hit it off with.  We started off as coworkers and eventually grew to be amazing friends.  I can talk to Cassie about anything and everything.  Cassie is an amazing wife and mother and I hope that one day I can be as successful in that as she is.  She has a classic beauty that is enviable along with a one of the guys personality that makes her so down to earth.  She can be dolled up in jeans and heels while rooting for her SD sports teams (GRRR!)  I love having a friend that I can talk about men, clothes and baseball with!  It doesnt get much better than that!

Maria Mestas


Maria, know to many as Mo, is my go to girl!  She is always a text message away and we can talk about things that many people probably couldn't!  She is my cousin on my fathers side and is one of my closest friends.  We share the same values and for us, our families always come first no matter what.  Anytime we get a chance to help out our brothers or celebrate with family you can count on Mo and I to be there!  I love Mo's spure of the moment decisions and her spontaneity!  I wish I could be more like that!  Having someone like her in my life is definitly a good way to keep me on my toes!

Kristen Mestas (very soon to be Kristen Nysse)



Kristen is also my cousin on my fathers side and is someone that I have grown close to over the past few years.  We are practically neighbors and I love knowing that if I need someone to talk to or someplace to cheer on our Dodgers I can just walk around the corner and have a great time!  Kristen has a smile and a laugh that is infections and is always ready to have fun!  I am so happy that she is just a few weeks away from marrying one of Luis' best friends and we are lucky to have both of them in our lives and to share all of these important moments with!

My Maid of Honor
Carol Colby


I am honored to have Carol as my maid of honor.  She is my cousin on my mothers side but I consider her a sister.  I have always looked up to her.  She was the first to put makeup on me and make me girly!  She also kind of set me up with the first person I was ever allowed to go an a real date with!  She was and always will be my big sis.  Carol is unbelieveably smart and funny!  She always has something witty to say!  Her syle is classic and chic and I always look up to her ability to look pulled together all the time.  She is someone that is always in my corner 100% and I know she will be ready with tons of marriage advice for me!

So there are the women of my bridal party.  The best friends a girl could ask for.  I couldn't imagine getting married and not seeing them stand beside me and supporting me on the most important day of my life.  I love you girls!

4 comments:

  1. Sara!! You are too sweet. I remember when I did your makeup for your prom, I was like she looks to fancy for that cowboy hat wearing dude! lol Oh and I did not intentionaly set you up with you know who, you were just an innocent by standard in that situation. Too funy, you were way to pretty for him. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, such sweet words Sara! Honestly, the last paragraph almost made me tear up! Honored to be by your side=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. What an honor it is for each of them to have such sweet words written about them. It is so rare to have one great friend or family memeber, but looks like you have quite a few.

    ReplyDelete