Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Deadliest Catch

One of my favorite reality TV shows will never be the same.  Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel documents events on fishing boats in the Bering Sea during Alaskan king crab and Opilio crab fishing seasons.  I don't know what it is about this show that captivates me, but I watch it ALL the time.  I'll watch reruns over and over again.  I just love the dynamics between the crew and between the captains of various boats out in the dangerous Bering Sea.  Phil Harris was the captain of the Cornelia Marie and his crew included 2 of his sons.  A few weeks ago he suffered a stroke while unloading crab.  He was released from the hospital but last night, he passed away.  He was 53 years old.  He was my favorite captain on the show and I really don't think the show will be the same without him.

Rest In Peace Captain
 You will be missed 

No comments:

Post a Comment