Friday, April 2, 2010

He's my Rocky and I'm his Adrian

I have to admit, I haven't seen all the Rocky movies, but I have seen bits and pieces of most of them thanks to Luis and *SHH don't tell him* I actually kind of like them.  But, I used to hate Adrian, really hate her.  She seemed so weak and frail and I just couldn't relate to her.  But then, over the course of a few more Rocky movies, I realized her timidness was more like quietness.  She wasn't boisterous or demanding, she was just more reserved than someone like me. Last night, as I was watching a part of Rocky III, I really fell in love with her and kind of saw a piece of me.  In the scene, Rocky is set to fight Mr.T's character Clubber Lang.  Apparently the two had fought before and Rocky took a beating from him.  Adrian sees something is off with Rocky in his training leading up to the fight.  He's training half assed and is off in la-la land (a little more than he usually is) and she knows it.  She asks him whats wrong and hes totally brushing her off and giving her vague answers, but knowing her man better than anyone she knows hes holding back.  She keeps pressing and pressing him, she tells him that he's never quit anything since she's known him and finally he yells "I'm afraid!"

GULP *TEARS*SNIFFLE

Seeing Adrian stand up to her man and call his bullshit, not in a demeaning way, but in the most loving way is so endearing and makes me like her so much more.  As a fighters fiancé, I know what it's like to never be able to falter from confidence.  Sure there are times where Luis has a bad day training, or I feel like this road is just too hard but then I remember that if I don't support my man, who will?  If he's not feeling confident, I have to be.  If he's worried, I have to be brave.  There is never a time where I cannot be 100% behind him because when these moments arise, when he is afraid, unsure, and ready to quit, I have to be his Adrian.  I have to remind him who he is and what he is fighting for.




The best line in the whole scene
Rocky: "How'd you get so tough?"
Adrian: "I live with a fighter"

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute. Again, I got choked up (not sure why I keep doing that lately....). You are a very strong woman Sara, but more than that you are a SUPER dedicated and loyal person to the people you care for and love. Luis is blessed to have you by his side <3 ADRIAN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete