Thursday, April 8, 2010

So Excited!!!

I've been a little MIA lately especially when it comes to blogging about my triathlon training but it has been going pretty well.  My running is getting better and I have been biking about 10-20 miles a week.  The only thing that has been hindering my riding is that I was riding my dad's mountain bike that was a little too big for me.  Getting off of it was awkward and riding for a long time was painful on my booty and lady parts =D.  Anyways, I was starting to dread my triathlon, especially riding the bike for so long and was actually starting to panic.  But then, my dad came to the rescue!  He texted me telling me that he found a great bike for me on Craigslist, for a GREAT price and we needed to go see it... NOW... because it was going to go quickly!  So we met up with the seller and I fell in love!  The bike was incredibly comfortable and I bought it right there and then!  Here she is:
Another added bonus was the girl selling it was about my age, a pretty experienced rider and was looking for some girls to ride with!  I love riding with people more experienced than me because they make me push myself.  I took the bike for a little spin this evening and I'm totally excited now!  I'm taking her out for her maiden voyage tomorrow morning and I've got 10 days before Tri-time! Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. What kind of bike is it? I need some advice. I want to buy a bike..in the past I have had the same issue with my booty hurting so bad...I know the seat makes a difference but also I have no clue about what brands are good and all that stuff. I can't wait to hear about you Tri! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really well versed on bikes to be honest, but my dad does know a lot about them! He road for a long time and he was the one that picked the bike out for me. I do know that sometimes a mountain bike can be more uncomfortable because of the way your body is angled on it. On a mountain bike, you are more upright, therefore all your weight is on the seat. Plus real mountain bikers spend most of their time out of the seat so the comfort of the seat isn't a huge priority. On a road bike, you are more aerodynamic and hunched over, so the butt is not straight down on the bike. Also my seat is a "woman seat" and its actually kinda of shaped like a *ahem* you know =) haha. It has a space in the middle of it to be more contoured to a womans anatomy. But really, if I were you I would actually go into an actual bike shop, not a sporting goods store to get measured and get an idea of what kinda bike you can get for what price. But feel free to send me any questions and I'll ask my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...thanks...I know it makes a huge difference..I'll let you knwo what I end up getting. I will definately get some advice from a bike shop.

    ReplyDelete