Thursday, April 1, 2010

Romance

Romance.... some guys either have it, or they don't.  As the "planner" of my relationship, I don't get to experience a whole lot of romance.  Sure Luis is very affectionate and loving and I do get flowers pretty often but he does lack a little in the creativity department.  A few weeks ago I told Luis that after 5 years together, I wanted him to plan a special date for us, nothing crazy expensive or over the top, just something I don't have to plan.  I think he was a little overwhelmed!  The poor guy looked at me like I had just asked him for his kidney (and I'm sure he would have rather done that than plan a date!)  But he nodded and I figured he would forget, or at least hope I forget about it.  But to my surprise, he didn't, and while it wasn't the most romantic idea in the world, it was exactly what I could expect from the love of my life because he really did think about what I would like.
Redbox movie and BJ's pizza (he said because he knows I love their pizza and we haven't been there in a long time). AWWW...  I kid you not, I had tears in my eyes!  Its funny how such a simple thing can make me so happy.  I can't wait for date night now!  

1 comment: