Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Temecula Challenge Triathlon

I did it.  On Sunday I completed my first (of many I hope) triathlons!  I can't even explain how much fun and how accomplished I felt afterwards!  Out of about 350 triathletes, I came in 261st and I was 12th in my age division.  Not bad for my first one I think!  This specific Triathlon was a reverse one so we started with the run, then the bike and finished with the swim.  I got a personal best time on my run which I was really excited about, since running is not my strongest event.  I told myself I would be happy if I did the 3.1 miles in 30 minutes and I ended up doing it in 26:36! I was so excited! The bike was a little tough, considering it was 17 miles but I did pretty well.  I lost some times there compared to the other girls in my age groups so I know what I have to work on.  The last leg, was the swim which I kicked butt on!  I was the third fastest swimmer in my age group!  I completed the triathlon in 1:36:55.  Here are a few pics from Sunday.... I can't wait to do it again!
The start of the run
Finishing up the bike portion
The swim
My friend Jackie with her medal for placing in our age division! She did awesome!

The best part was that my cousin Dominic and I did our first Tri together and we ran the 5k portion with our cousin Mo.  It doesn't get much better than that =)

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats again Sara! Awesome job on the times!!

    ReplyDelete