Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Here We Go Again


The last two and a half years of Luis fighting have been interesting.  We've had several trips to Urgent Care and more bumps and bruises than I care to even try to count.  But, like I always tell everyone, he just loves MMA so I try to hide my frustration when we have to make yet another late night trip to get stitched up.  Last night, he came home with that same look on his face, like the cat that ate the mouse.

I said "UGH, not again" (like I always do) and he said "Eh, its not that bad" (Like he always does).

Except this time, it wasn't that bad.  Just a cut under the chin from getting kneed.  Not that deep but just split wide.  For some reason, the cuts on the chin (this is his second there in about 4 months) seem to split very wide.  Probably because the skin there is pulled tight? Who knows, but nevertheless it didn't warrant a visit to our local Urgent Care.  Just a little super glue (yes you heard that right) and some butterfly bandages fixed this boo boo right up =).  Thank goodness I have the stomach to handle some blood, but I'm hoping I don't have to see it for a very long time (knock on wood!)



1 comment: