Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recap of 2009

As I look over the last 360+ days of 2009, I realize just how far I have come in such a short time.  This year was filled with amazing experiences and life changing moments and I thought I could post my last blog of 2009 by recapping some of the highlights of the past year.

In January, with my weight tipping the scales at about 188 lbs., I decided to get off my fat ass (literally) and start to do something about it. Since then, I have lost 33 lbs and have less than 20 to go!  I am so proud of myself for the progress I have made!

In March, Luis asked me to be his wife!  He proposed to me amongst tons of flowers and candles and told me he couldn't live the rest of his life with out me.  Of course, I said YES!  It was the happiest day of my life and now 2010 will be full of wedding planning!

In May, my wonderful parents threw Luis and I a little engagement party (just 80 people! lol!) and I was truly overwhelmed bu the amount of love that my friends and family had for us.



In May, we also headed out to a Dodger game with a ton of my family and of course, the Brunette Mafia =)



In June, my great friend Amanda welcomed her beautiful baby girl Daylin Alicia into the world!



In June, I also supported Luis' decision to try out for the Team Quest Pro MMA Team, something that he had been wanting to do for a long time and I stood beside him with tears in my eyes as he was told he had made it.  I was, and still am, so proud of Luis and all his hard work!



In August, Luis and I both turned 27.  A few weeks before our birthday we got matching tattoos on our ribs.  We fell in love with the Latin phrase "Nunc Scio Quid Sit Amor" which means "Now I know what love is" and we wanted to do something to show our journey in love and our dedication to each other.



September and October were full of wedding festivities for my cousin Kristen's wedding.  The months were filled with bridal showers and a great bachelorette party!



In November, Luis and I were a part of Kristen and Ben's wedding and we had a great time celebrating with our friends and family.



After the wedding, Luis and I took off to Playa del Carmen, Mexico to spend 8 perfect days relaxing on the beach!  We fell in love with the city and are definitely going to go back!



I also went to the midnight showing of New Moon with my favorite fellow Twilight-ers!  And of course, we all went in our Twilight tee shirts too!



My cousin Mo, Kristen, and I also spent a ton of time planning our family's Annual Adult Christmas Party and it went off perfectly!



Thanksgiving was spent at my Aunt Gaby's house with the best family a girl could ask for!  I am so thankful for our big family and being surrounded by so many loved ones!



December was jam packed with Christmas parties and precious time spent with family and friends






Luis and I also went ice skating for the first time together and had such a blast!  I am so lucky to have someone like Luis in my life who I am able to share so many experiences with!



But for me the best day of 2009 is going to be December 31st.  Five years ago on New Years Eve, Luis and I met, and we both knew that this was it.  We had found the person we were going to spend the rest of our life with and grow old with.  I knew he would be the father of our future children and I knew that he would always stand beside me through good times and bad.  This year we will celebrate that day together with amazing friends as we commemorate the end of 2009 and welcome with great anticipation, the beginning of 2010!  May this next year bring you all countless blessings and joy!  Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great year Sara! Glad I could be a part of it. Can't wait to see what 2010 has in store!

    ReplyDelete