Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shoes

Carrie Bradshaw once said "I don't play favorites with my shoes but these were very special."  I couldn't agree with her more.  I love shoes, I possibly own too many but each pair has a special place in my heart.  I have a soft spot for platform peep toe heels and will buy them whenever humanly possible.  I have one pair of shoes that I might be able to call my favorites, IF I did have to choose.  I love to wear them, but I try not to wear them too much because it could take away from their specialness.  I think what makes them so special to me is that I wanted them for months.  Every time I went to Macy's I would see them, drool over them, swoon over them.   Brown BCBG peep toe, platform with a heel and a gold buckle???? Amazing! 


But they were entirely way too expensive for me to seriously consider buying.  I'm cheap remember? Its not that I didn't have the money, I just couldn't imagine spending so much on shoes, regardless of how much I loved them.  So I started putting money away into my savings account with the hope that when I had enough, they would still be there.  I finally had some extra cash saved and went to Macy's praying that they were still there, and to my surprise they were!  And on sale for 25% off AND the sales clerk gave me another 20% off.  So my $120 shoes cost me $70 bucks out the door!  I was so proud of my amazing shoes at an even more amazing price.  I especially love wearing them with skinny jeans!  Check 'em out for yourself =)



1 comment: