Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things that bug me at the gym

I spend a lot of time in the gym, about 10 hours a week, and as a people watcher, I have noticed some things that really bug me about one of my favorite places to go. Here is a random assortment of things that just irk me:

1.  If I have my Ipod in, that usually means I don't want to talk... so please don't try to strike up a conversation.
2. Please wear deodorant and bathe... there is nothing worse than working out next to someone who stinks.  I realize its a gym but please do your best to be clean and odor free.
3. Put your weights away.  Its not THAT hard and hey, you burn extra calories walking them back to their spot =)

4. Put your phone down.  There is no way you can get the  best workout possible if your chatting on the phone while on the elliptical.  If you don't need the workout, get off the machine because someone else probably wants to use it.
5. Stop hitting on people there, really its old and very cliche.  There is a difference between a casual conversation and a blatant pick up and most women can tell the difference so just let us get our workout in without having to reject you.  Oh, and another thing, stop checking us out in the mirror... WE CAN SEE YOU!

6. Grunting.  Really? Is it necessary? Last time I checked my gym was not jam packed with bodybuilders and I'm pretty sure you should probably be putting that energy into your lifting, not your mouth.
7. I am guilty of sweating A LOT.  And since I am aware of this, I wipe down every machine after I use it and I even bring an extra shirt with me just in case I need to change.  So please, don't sweat all over a machine and then walk away before wiping it down.
8. The narcissist.  Don't flex your muscles in the mirror right after working them out.  Your abs will not look noticeably different after one set of crunches.  Save that for the mirror at home.
9. The guy that goes around and tries to tell people, particularly women, how to workout... and the guy at my gym, is fat.  Seriously dude?  I wouldn't take financial advice from a poor person, I wouldn't take marriage advice from an adulterer and I most certainty would not take fitness advice from a guy with a beer gut.  If I have a question, I'll ask someone who looks like they work out.
10. Those people who think they are the shit.  Check your ego at the door please, we are all here for the same reason.

So those are just a few of my pet peeves about the gym... I'm sure I will have more as time goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Moly, I MISS YOU!! You are friekin hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I miss you, you are the only one who thinks im funny! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete