Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Belgium Waffles

I really love to cook, but what I love more is cooking for my loved ones.  We have had a professional Belgium waffle maker in our house for almost 4 years and it was never used!  Last week I decided to pull it out and make breakfast for my family.  My mom and dad work very hard and either one of them (usually my mom) cooks dinner every night so I thought I could make a good breakfast for them on their one day off.  They turned out really good and were a big hit!  So this Sunday, I woke up with a sweet tooth and planned on making breakfast again for the family.  I LOVE chocolate chip pancakes but the one thing I do not like about them is how soggy they get with the whipped cream, so I decide to try waffles instead!  Plus Luis really wanted some too =)  I am not a cook from a recipe type girl at all.  I learned to cook from my grandmother and mother who never use measuring cups or recipes.  They have this ability to be able to just know what the meal they are cooking needs by tasting and smelling it and it is something that I am slowly being able to do. So don't expect a recipe in this blog! lol!

My waffles started out with just a basic batter recipe.  I mixed Bisquick, eggs and milk together until it had a good consistancy, not too thick and not too liquidy.  I wasn't sure if I should add the chocolate chips to the batter or just add them to the waffles after I poured the batter so I just added them on top.  Next time I make them, I might try them in the batter.  If anyone knows which way is best please let me know =)

Here is my beautiful waffle maker!  I really love this thing!



This is some of the ingredients I used... pretty self explanatory =)



I just poured all the batter in.  I tried to do it evenly so the waffles don't have any missing pieces, but not too full so it doesn't overflow out of the waffle maker



Then I just sprinkled a handful of chocolate chips on top of the batter





The finished product!





I topped them with some whipped cream and a couple extra chocolate chips.  I was surprised how yummy they were!  They definitely didn't get soggy the way pancakes do and I think it was because the waffles are crispy on the outside.








Luis gave them them 2 thumbs up!  I'm thinking next time, I'll try them with blueberries and a mixed berry sauce on top!




1 comment: