Sunday, January 24, 2010

Itzhak Perlman



On Saturday night, Luis and I were so lucky to attend a concert by world renowned violinist Itzhak Perlman accompanied by Sri Lankan pianist Rohan De Silva at the Luckman Fine Arts Complex in Los Angeles.  To be honest, I didn't know much about him, besides that fact that he was my grandfathers favorite musician, but a few weeks ago when my cousin Mo told me she could get tickets from her brother Nick, who is the Marketing Director at the Luckman, I started doing my research on him.  Perlman has played at Carnegie Hall, studied at Juliard and has played with nearly every Philharmonic ever.  He was the violin soloist for the movies Schindler's List, which won an Academy award for best score, as well as for Memoirs of a Geisha.  He is basically amazing!  So Luis and I, along with Mo and her best friend Joanna and her boyfriend and a TON of our family got dressed up and headed out for a fabulous night!

As if our luck couldn't get any better, Nick was able to upgrade our seats in the orchestra, 6 rows from the stage and the incomparable Itzhak Perlman!

We sat next to Mr. Perlman's son and several seats away from actor Alan Alda and Matt Dallas from the show Kyle XY, but once the concert started, I couldn't take my eyes off the violin.  It was incredible to see how quickly yet effortlessly he played and with so much love in his face.  He played for over 2 hours and I could have listened to him for hours more.

Nick and Vlad <3
Afer the concert, (thanks to Nick and our VIP passes) we got to attend a very intimate reception with Mr. Perlman and enjoy some drinks and appetizers.  It was a truly memorable night!

My love and I

No comments:

Post a Comment