Wednesday, January 13, 2010

DIY Wedding

So with my wedding planning underway, it has become very apparent that many parts of my wedding will be DIY.  My family is rich in love but our richness pretty much ends there LOL! But to be honest, even if they did have a ton of money, I really don't want them to spend so much money on things that we can do ourselves.  Being that my wedding is 18 months away, I have plenty of time to do all my DIY projects and I have a bunch of great women to help me.  I was totally inspired by my friend Nancy's wedding invites and she has proven that you can make absolutely beautiful invitations all by yourself, with the help of bridesmaids of course =) So thats my plan!  We are going to make our invitations!

I am also lucky enough to have a very talented Maid of Honor who is a flower arranging genius! This is a bouquet she made just for fun! BEAUTIFUL!

So I am gonna take advantage of her talents and the talents of my wonderful bridesmaids and we are going to make all the flower arrangements, bouquets and centerpieces.  So my plan is to go to the Farmer's Markets and the Flower Districts in Los Angeles in June of this year to see what flowers are in season and what flowers will give us the best bang for our buck!  Then, we can do a test run on all the flower arrangements and  in June of 2011, when we are making them for THE big day, it will be a piece of cake!  I'm thinking we will also have DIY programs for the day of the wedding as well as favors (if we do any at all) and we will decorate the pews of the church too.

While it seems like a lot of work, I am actually really really excited to be so hands on with all the little details!  It will truly be a labor of love and it seems so much more fun than just walking into a flower shop and pointing at things I like.  I also think its gonna make for a very special day and some very special bonding with my greatest friends!

3 comments:

  1. I know a great local printer (anybudget in san diego) who you can get a great price for printing. We DIYd our wedding programs. Brian desgined, anybudget printed, I think I spent $35 on 200+ programs :) I will so help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! That bouquet is adorable! I love it. DIY is so much fun. If I had the time I would seriously consider doing 90% of it myself ;) AHHHHHHH so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda! And Nancy, how do-able is DIY flowers?

    ReplyDelete