Saturday, January 9, 2010

I CAN RUN!

Holy crap I can run! Not fast, not slow but nevertheless I can run!  Friday at work I started thinking that today would be the day that I would run 4 miles.  Why? Who the hell knows, but I just decided it was gonna happen and that was it!  Have I ever run 4 miles before? Nope! I've never even run 3! But I was actually excited about going to the gym on a Friday night (for some reason, Friday is mentally the hardest for me to get to the gym) and I was ready to push myself once I got there.  I ran at a 1.0 incline (because no road is ever compltely flat) and started out at 5.0 miles per hour.  I was doing really good a little over 2 miles into my run and I couldn't believe that I had never pushed myself beyond my comfort zone.

My endorphines were just rushing through me and I was feeling amazing.  My pace was good but the last half mile I pushed myslef a little harder and increased my speed to 6.5! I saw the treadmill monitor reach 4 miles and I was so unbelievably proud of myself!  I ran it in 49 minutes, so about a 12 minute a mile pace.  I've never run that far before and I always thought I couldnt run.  So now its time to keep pushing myself.  Today I'm gonna try and run it in less than 49 minutes, maybe 46!  And I'm gonna start training for a 10k (6.2 miles) and see how well I do =)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, isn't it amazing what your body can do!? I started my running in college and I love it! Last year, I did my first half marathon...I'll be doing my third in February! It's so amazing. If you haven't done a competitive race, it's great. It's you, the road, and the endorphins.

    ReplyDelete